Monday, January 21, 2008
Memorizing Scripture
Well, I am meeting my own challenge to spend 30 days reading I Corinth. 13, I have also been taking a few notes, as spirit leads me. I have memorized verse one,and almost verse 2, it has been fun and not as difficult as I thought. Anyway, this is a new beginning for me and it brings back a couple of years in high school. I belonged to Youth For Christ and we had a Bible Quiz Team. We would memorize scripture, yes whole chapters and then go to a quiz, sit on the edge of our seat and jump up when we had the answer to the question, if we did not have the answer,,and even had a vague idea of where it was, we would start quoting from that book. It was fun and much of the scripture stays with me, but not always the book, chapter or verse!!!! I was thinking of putting I Corinth. 13 to music, as that is what CBS does, but could not think of a song. Anyway, we had a great weekend, went to Camp Pendleton, in Oceanside,Ca. and saw our oldest grandson (16)get ready for his first formal dance (tuxedo) wow a handsome boy, I will get pictures to Susan for you all. His date is a Christian girl with much politeness, a nice girl. Anyway, the seed has been planted for God to send workers for our grandson, I know God is working, he always is, he is love!!!!! Have a good day Nana C
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh you are so right, God is love and he does not want us to fear anything, love. My daughter has a routine of memorizing her poems. She says them three times in a row each day. Say verse one three times in a row and in couple of days you will have it memorized and then work on the next verse. You will be surprised how fast you learn them. My daughter is a wiz at this. See ya soon.
Allright I have to get back into reading mine also. We just did Verses from this chapter in devotions tonight with thekids. Guess God is telling me something.
Post a Comment