Monday, January 28, 2008
Great Weekend, Super Monday!!!!
Yes, the weekend was great!!! We have had rain, a lot but are ok. here. Living in a valley here and with all of the building going on, water tends to gather and sit, well, made it to church and back. We had communion which was glorious. Gary and I are making a daily goal list and also a larger (need to get done yesterday) list of projects. We are moving forward, looking forward to planting a garden in the spring in our second home in Iowa. We have a realtor and will be talking with her in the spring, to set up a time to put our home on the market here, she is a wonderful Christian lady, she did the reception at our wedding in 1970. God is always putting people and STUFF on my heart. So, here is a little quote from Washington Irving, remember I told you all I would try to keep Christmas all year in my posts. OK> don't think this is silly, just very English ::: The Wassail Bowl was sometimes composed of ale instead of wine; with nutmeg, sugar, toast, ginger, and roasted crabs; in this way the nut-brown beverage is still prepared in some old families, and round the hearths of substantial farmers at Christmas, It is also called Lamb's Wool, and is celebrated by Herrick in his "Twelfth Night" Next crowne the bowle full, with gentle Lamb's wool; add sugar, nutmeg, and ginger with store of ale too; and thus ye must doe to make the Wassaile a swinger. The custom of drinking out of the same cup gave place to each having his cup!!!! When the steward came to the doore with the Wassel, he was to cry three times, Wassel,Wassel, Wassel, and then the chappeo (chaplein) was to answer with a song. Archaeologia. Anyway, hope you think I'm silly..... Love you all Nana C
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love your posts Nana. They are always fun, interesting, and inspiring. So glad you are blogging!!!
Wishing you lots of Hugs and Hot Cocoa!!!
You are silly. I am your daughter and I know you are silly. So does your little Emily she just said last night I can't wait until MY nana comes to visit ME(NOt us )
Hey mom I tagged you. Stop by my site to see the rules.
Post a Comment