Here is a recipe from a new friend at CBS (Community Bible Study). We had a brunch last week, yummy Aunt Bernie's French Toast Casserole
16 oz. loaf french bread
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
10 eggs
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cup strawberries (you can use frozen)
1/2 cup sugar
Cut bread into cubes. Combine cream cheese, butter & syrup- microwave until soft. Add to bread cubes & mix until coated. Place in greased 9 by 13 pan. Beat eggs & milk, pour over bread mixture. Cover & refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 -25 minutes, until set. Mash strawberries and blend in sugar. Pour over casserole. Bake and additional 10 minutes.
Serves 10 - 12 Enjoy
Now, are we having fun yet? Well, I have had my mouth open a lot lately, I find myself having a casual conversation with strangers,(of course, hubby and my daughters see me do this all the time) today in the restaurant after breakfast, upon leaving I said to a couple So nice to see you have your Bibles and are praying here, I am on my way to Bible Study, the man shook my hand and the woman also, she said I am a Chrisitan and God Bless you. We smiled at each other. One of my friends at church last night told about an older couple shopping in the store where he and his wife were, and they began to talk, the older couple were alone living here and my friend prayed with the couple there and invited them to church. That was all, just the gentle touch from the Holy Spirit to prompt a witness. I am so thrilled to be a Christian! The mountains are being removed! There are so many people who need our Lord, the harvest is ripe, I ask God to be with me, as I am up to the task, to bring in the harvest!!!!! I wish you all a pleasant evening! Wash the face, and brush the teeth, (floss too). Pray for our Christian troops and thank the Gideons for all of the Bibles across this great country!!!!!! Love you all Nana C
2 comments:
Wow I like the new look.
You definately have the gift of loving others and wanting the best for everyone. Isn't great when we can get to that point and no longer look down at a stranger but see the good in everyone.
Lovin' the new look!!!! Lovin' the post, too:)
Post a Comment