Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Look at the stars"

The Heaven declares His Glory. Friday night was great, went to a high school basketball game at West Valley where I worked for 15 years. Used my gold card, which the district gave me upon retirement, get in FREEEEEEEE. Got a couple of hugs from a few students and had great conversation with Robin, sitting next to me whose son plays on the Freshman team. When I arrived home and stepped out of the car, I noticed what a beautiful night it was, the sky clear, a gazillion stars. I went inside and told my husband what a beautiful world we have, when we really look at it. Today we had 8 people baptized in a horse trough at the altar, it was awesome. They just draped it inside and people got in, shivered!! and came up blessed! Wow! what a wonderful service.. I wish you all the best week! By the way, I will need some good Christian music suggestions, mellow, some rock like "Jars of Clay", also some praise music, there are so many groups to choose from! Thanks Nana C

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I so agree with you when you say that the world is so beautiful. I have been in awe of this world for some time. Kathy Traccoli and Sandi Patty are my favorite bands. Jeff really likes Rich Mullins and Ray Boltz, they are also really mellow. Thank you so much for your thoughts.

Heather said...

Ah...Psalm 19 is my very favorite Psalm. I, too, am always reminded of that Psalm when I look at the stars. Thanks for your blog:)

As for the music I really like Chris Tomlin and Casting Crowns. If you ever get a chance to see Chris Tomlin in concert. I highly recommend it. It is more of a 'church service' than a concert. It's absolutely amazing...as is his music!!