Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Powerful God We Serve

Today has been a day to praise the Father for how He continually showers us with protection, patience and shows us His unceasing love. As a wonderfully blessed woman of God, I see His presence in the lives of many whom I know and I pray for those to hear of His presence, His love for us and the life we can have through Jesus, His Son.
I was raised in Missionary Churches during early childhood and into my teen years. I have been the gamut, been in many Christian churches, had many wonderful friends, but God is pulling me back to missions.
While reading the Bible starting with Genesis, I have seen how important the Old Testament is to know and love. I am going slow through the Bible, but also read other books, taking notes, pondering and learning God's Word.
Today while leaving the post office, I stopped to shop at the sale rack outside of a boutique I frequent, a older gentleman walked by saying hello, I said hello, he then turned around and said Do you know my wife, (gave her name), she works for the school district and has had a stroke, I said no, but told him I had retired in 2007 from the district. I said are you ok, he said no, I said well, God has led you here and I will pray for your wife, what is her name again, is it Kathy, he said yes and thank you, we parted with a simple goodbye. Just a few minutes earlier I had seen this man walking from his car, as I was parking mine and thought he really looked tired. Then there he was again. I thank you Lord for allowing me to serve you.
Have a wonderful evening.
Love Nana C

3 comments:

Susan said...

That is wonderful that you were able to plant some seeds today. God is calling you back to missions, right in your own town.

Tanya said...

That is amazing. God is so good and He does that all the time. Incrediable. Talk to ya later, love Tanya

Heather said...

What an amazing story of how we need to be prepared to be used at any given time! God is soooo good:)

I miss you!

Love ya