This is usually my naptime, but I am waiting on the Hobo Bread to finish baking, it is a wonderful winter oven smell! The recipe will come when I taste the bread to you all I will then send the recipe, (not the bread).
Today I got a package in the mail from Dayspring, I splured and bought myself a few items, stationary, notecards, a new calendar, and a lovely pewter necklace on a black string, a nice soft material, it is heart shaped and in black written My Heart at the top, Christ's Home at the bottom.
Today the weather is great, and I am off on a walk this afternoon.
The new calendar has lovely pictures and a scripture for each day:
January 28,2009 Matthew 7:3-5 Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother; "Let me take the speck out of your eye", when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the speck out of your eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." This verse is so great, as the power in it can come from your own tongue to do damage to another person's heart and we must guard our tongue and be focused on the task Jesus has assigned to us. Next week I will be visiting a class called "Perspective", the theme is to take us out of our box, our comfort zone to give us a look at the world, to have God show us where our mission can be. I am responding to the tug in my heart for missions, being in Missionary churches most of my younger life, this is a 15 week class which I have heard from those who have taken it that is will change and challenge you. Exciting days we live in, people hungry for God, let us pray that God uses us for his plan, his greater glory!
Love Nana C
3 comments:
I am excited for you and wish I could take this class with you. I have always wanted to take it but the timing was never right. In His time it will be.
Sounds like you are getting into the swing of things. I am so glad that you are taking other classes and looking at other churches. I can not wait to see the bread receipe. Thanks for the reminder on the speak, it is good word. Love ya so much and I miss ya, love Tanya
I must be hungry because I'm completely focused on the Hobo Bread;) Please send the recipe...soon!!
Sounds like an awesome class! Can't wait to hear about it.
Love you and miss you
Post a Comment