Friday, January 16, 2009

Grandchildren blessings

You will see at the top of my blogsite that I was able to edit and change my age and the number of grandchildren. Gary and I worked on it together, we are beginning to look around the blogspot site, wow I even found a help site. So look for more changes soon.
I must have posted about this subject before as when I went to type in the title it came up in the archives. So, I have been so enjoying the grandchildren. A couple of weeks ago I was in Oceanside staying with the two older grandsons, Mom and Dad had a quick trip to Phoenix that weekend, so got to spend time with them, it was the weekend before their winter break was over and they cleaned their rooms, did homework, I did the laundry, they were great at putting it away! Yeah! We went to the game store, for used games for their computer, stopped at Burger King on the way home. We played UNO over the weekend, watched movies, Blane and I went shopping at the Commissary for groceries. Just love those times together, Gary had a committment that week-end so he was in Hemet.
Then while talking on the phone last week with Maclae, asking her about violin lessons, and she gave me a rundown of how Emily and her began their mornings, I was so blessed to hear her say Well, we get up at 6 am and spend time with our Lord, pray, and then come upstairs, start school about 7 and fix breakfast about 8:30. Most days probably go that way for them.
I see Blane trying to help Dusty, as older children do and the girls all helping and learning from each other.
Yesterday at Bible study we were in the book of Genesis and discussing the promise God made to Abraham and how wonderful Sarah was (most of the time) and how God had fulfilled all for their family. In those 20, 21, 22 chapters of Genesis, the lineage of Abraham is most interesting and how God's plan was fulfilled. I am just so happy that I wanted to share with you a part of my life with our grandkids, I pray for each one daily and their parents, they all bless me. I just love all the grandkids, especially the times of just talking about stuff. The most interesting memories form during those times for me and hubby, we treasure them when we are physically apart from the grandkids.
This post may seem a little self-indulgent or bragging, but to those of you who know me, you will understand, to those who don't hope you have a wonderful family, always pray for them. Love Nana C

No comments: