Today I called the son of a friend who has been diagnosed with non-operable cancer, his body is full of tumors. I do not know his son, but Gary and I decided to call and give our support. The conversation was very nice, I told him I had last seen his Mom and Dad at the Christmas dinner for our computer club, and that we enjoyed talking about Red Oak, Iowa where his Dad was born and lived until the age of 8, we had not seen his dad Dave for several months and they knew we had been in Red Oak. I also told Eric the son that I was a Christian and would pray for his dad and the family. I did not know his faith and he immediately stated he was a Christian too, so we offered to cook a meal or if they needed anything we would be glad to help, not to impose. We talked a little about the Hospice servants helping the famil now, and that we had used them also, and a wonderful organization it is. He took our name and had our number in his cell phone, I prepared to say good bye and he thanked me saying their strong faith was helping them.
I thank my Lord for the strength he gives me and the care he has bestowed on me to be there at the least unexpected times to serve others.
As I watched the Inagural Celebration yesterday, many of the speakers and people in the crowds were moved, as I was. As prayers were said, I often bowed my head and sometimes watched the screen. The tears welled in my eyes and I prayed that we as a nation would not put our president before our personal belief in our God. But that we would seek and find where God wants us to be in His bigger picture for all of us. A great day for history, hopefully we will all work together. A very moving day for our country, a day to move forward. I read some wonderful blogs from some of my friends yesterday, I was moved by many and was glad they shared. Thank you ladies.
Love Nana C
2 comments:
I agree Marc and I were talking about how people are putting the President on such a high pedastel that he is becoming their god. We need to respect His position but not go against our convictions.
I will be praying for your friend. I agree though with the President. Jeff was just telling me that we should respect the position of the President, but we do not have to respect the person belives if that means we will have to go against the word of God. It does sadden me that the American people are so fascinated by one man and not an awesome God. Love Tanya
Post a Comment