Monday, January 19, 2009

Pressing toward the goal Phil 3:14

Yesterday was a beautiful day, the weather was great, even raking the last few leaves was ok. Took a nap in the early afternoon, stayed up until 11 watching a favorite movie, commercials included.
I have been in a new church the last two Sundays, visited the 10:30 service yesterday and last week the 9:00 am. service. Two diferent speakers, but the theme was the same in the book of Daniel. I am going to return to the early service next week, and I saw a few people I knew there, fellowship in a body is very much needed for all of us. Please pray that God will continue to show me and that I will look beyond the surface to the true meaning of worship and service to him, that I will reflect on the outside how I truly am on the inside. For if we are not true to our Father, totally in his presence, it is all a show. There is a lot happening in my life right now and I am trusting more in the Lord for guidance. I know the "happenings" are ok., I give thanks daily as to the family and friends who mean so much to me. The conversations on the phone with grandchildren, (takes awhile with 6 to pass the phone back and forth between Papa and Nana). To be humble before the Father is so refreshing and then we need to thank him, to really praise the good work he began in us when we made our committment to him. I am also relooking at the importance of Phil 3:14 and how it came to me and the significance it continues to have in my life.
Hope you all will have time to call a loved one, or a friend, or drop a note in the mail? Wow! Love Nana C

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I like your blog. I like the color. I am glad that you are in a diffrent church and trusting God to show you the way. God bless you and I hope to talk to you again. Love Tanya

Susan said...

This is the verse that Darrell was talking about at Grandpa Gale's funeral. He said he was always his whole life pressing towards the goal. He was a man who you could see loved the Lord.