Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reflections on Psalm 23

Today's post is one from my heart, many of you so inspire me with your posts and the daily lives you lead, thank you again for your candidness, love and friendship.

I Peter 2:24,25 Faith operates by what you do! Spiritual people feed on the Word!

Psalm 23 Jesus, Our Great Shepherd
Jehovah is my shepherd - I do not lack.
Jesus is our deliverer
This was our message last week from the pastor, the words and rereading the Psalm more than once gave me a very comforting hug from God. You know He still goes back for the one sheep that just was so stubborn, self-willed, my way. Picked him up, gently so as not to scare or rebuke, but only to care, and to take care of. And the love in His shepherd's eyes encompassed his being, bringing him joy, safety and the assurance that everything was ok. It brings to my heart simplicity and with that we can press on, do all things through Christ, take the gospel, His good news to the ends of our individual streets, our town and into the world. We will not be alone, he prepared the way, and we asked him to help us, he does give us opportunity, he is our Father, we love him and obeying is our gift to him. Excitement fills me, there are so many who are hungry! he will feed them. I love you all Nana C

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Yes, He will feed them. It is so amazing to me, how He will leave ninty nine just for that one. He is so amazing to me. I feel safe and loved each time I read the word. He sent predictions and visions of hope and love. The new testiment just marvels in it. How sweet He is to create us and then take care of us. Thank you so much for the post. It just inspires me. Love ya from Tanya

Susan said...

I also learned on a women's retreat tha shephard's would often break a sheep's legs who had wondered off many times so that could care and nurture that one back to wholeness. He also carries us when we have wondered many times and he brings us back to wholeness.