A few weeks ago I was visiting a church and there were the little booklets "Our Daily Word" on the table, I had not seen those for a while so I picked one up. Today I read the one for Sept. 1, 08 and took a few notes in my journal. The booklet has been published since 1956, being born in 1946, I probably have seen it in many places during my life. This booklet is not funded by or endowed by any group or denomination. I am sure there are other booklets floating around for our reading pleasure.
I know how important it is for me to be in the Word, God's word, his holy Bible to gain the strength and love he has laid within those pages. Today I prayed that God would show me to use his kindness and love to me throughout each day when I am with others.
Labor Day is a manmade holiday, a day of rest, to be thankful we are working. There are those who do not have the day off and are ok with it. Our Lord, he waits for us daily to sup with him, through the Word and in prayer to Him.
To all of you who participate at a job daily, are in service to your fellow man, and to those who receive those services, thank you.
This post comes after just a simple thought of sharing it with you. I do not post a lot, but mostly now when I want to, then it is more fulfilling for me. Hopefully, you will just enjoy it for the simpleness of it.
Love Nana C
3 comments:
I like the new colors. It's o.k. not to post as often as we used to I think when we do post it is more meaningful.
Love, Susan
thank you Susan, love nana c
I love your blog color. It is so bright and cheery. You are right thought, it is so important to be in the word. Any other revelation is not from God. Only the word is from God and that is all that is important. Your post is really good. Love ya lots, from Tanya
Post a Comment