Saturday, August 23, 2008

Becoming Settled, is it important?

The day is quiet here in my Red Oak home, the hubby is out to a tractor event, the kids are at a wedding and I am not even going to ponder all the work I could get done while no one is here. Reflecting instead on the title of this post: Becoming Settled, is it important? A few days ago I was unsettled in my own old way of, where am I, why am I here, why do I get moody, why do I miss my daughters while I am in one of our two homes? Well, it is actually an easy answer and so sharing it is easy also, just to be available to those I love is where I am beginning to see that God has provided for me an outlet for restlessness and my doubt that Is this all there is? You can know that I know of how the deep and true love of my Father God is to me. He has given me all of the resources to see the abundance of the daily scene, each day. I believe He is telling me to stop the worrying and to know that if I truly know how to seek Him, how to pray, how to be silent, how to go to the Word and to know it will satisfy, then just do it. So the next time the grandkids tell me they are ok with Mom working, or that they want me to watch them on the new swing Papa made for them (which by the way they enjoy so very much) and not to anaylze the what-ifs? then I can enjoy the moment, I'm sure the small crows feet around those lovely brown eyes of mine will not deepen either. Thank you all for your posts, those who personally know me and those who drop in. Enjoy a great day! Love Nana C

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think being settled is important Nana! But even more importantly is knowing the love of Jesus and that He has everything taken care of - regardless of what we are seeing here in the physical.

The Word penetrates if we allow it and once it penetrates the heart - it doesn't matter WHERE we are, but rather who we are, in Him. It is then that we "arrive".

Blessing and don't forget to call me!!!

Love ya!
Lori
beyondthegarden.org

Nana C said...

Thank you Lori for you kind words. We will call you!!!! Love Nana C

Susan said...

Remember oyr strength comes from the Lord not from where we are at a certain time. We will be lonely at times and miss loved ones and that is where our Father in Heaven can fill in the gaps. Rest in Him and he will help you become dettled wherever he plants you.

Just relax mom you relly don't need to do all you do just enjoy the kids and be Nana like you did today at the park.

Susan said...

O.k. my spelling was horrible. Please forgive me.

Tanya said...

I believe that if you are settled in Jesus, you are settled. I use to pray that God would give me contentment, but as I read the word and prayed, I became content. You will and the Lord has mighty things for you to do, during your pray and reading. Here's to becoming one with Jesus, for our relationships will blossom and grow. Love ya so much.