Saturday, February 9, 2008

Huckabee Wins in Kansas

Talk about impressive, I just spent about 20 minutes or so on the msn news site with interviews from newsweek with Mike Huckabee. It was really interesting. I was impressed. The man does not waiver. We had a good morning, breakfast with our friends and then helped a new friend move her little trailer about 15 miles from Hemet where we live to Nuevo. I have been singing all day, everything from Dora, the Explorer to I am a friend of God, he calls me friend. God has given me so much to live for and share with you all and in the path He leads me to. Last evening the movie "Bus Stop" with Marilyn Monroe was on, I had forgotten what a great movie it was and what a beautiful woman she appeared to be and then her life so short. Where do we put our happiness or who do we try to please? Botox was in the news today, along with our society of vainness, we are having people dying now for the beauty we see in a mirror. To God we are beauty, His creation, made in His image, we are so very blessed. I would wish you all to continue to raise your children in the way you and God have talked about. I honor and respect you all too. I gave a donation to Teen Challenge yesterday outside the local supermarket, and talked for while about the Youth for Christ Club I belonged to in high school, and how the adult leaders really prayed and cared about their calling to help us as young people. They were a real blessing to me, having the meetings and friends available. My parents had divorced when I was 13 and my Dad had our custody. We had a good life, many relatives, friends in our church and living in a small town was great. I have a lot of good memories. Anyway, wanted to share that part of my life with you all. Enjoy a good evening and a great Sunday!!!!! Love Nana C

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Go Huckabee!! I totally agree with you on the vainess of america. I think of Mother Teresa, she had so many wrinkles and so much age on her face, yet she loved people like she was a thousand people. I was talking to this minister this morning about money. He told me if you had .14 cents in your pocket and peace, joy and love are you a rich woman. I replied, yes, God will provide all my needs and I prefer peace, joy and love. I am not concerned about my appearence, clean clothes and a bath, but not getting rid of wrinkles. I wonder, what did mother Mary look like close to death. I bet she was a dream, because her heart made her appearence. Thank you so much for your heart and I can not wait to see you out here in Iowa. Love ya, Tanya