Sunday, February 17, 2008

Beautiful Sunday

Today was a great day! We are in Oceanside, California with our daughter Lisa and her family. We have had a nice rest from cleaning and packing at home. I spent a little time in my CBS Bible study, and still marvel at our study in Corinthians. Paul was so very steadfast and had a great love for the churches he serviced. He wanted only what God laid on his heart and knew to be the best for them. You might want to read the last chapter, which is the 16th and he is so diligent that everything is in order and shows how much he loves them, will miss them and will come back again when he can. Paul had a genuine concern (I Corint 16:5-12) Paul did not just have the zeal of a missionary; he had the heart of a shepherd. It is refreshing to see how he personally cared for every congregation that he established in spite of his busy schedule and constant travel: VV. 5-7 After I go through Macedonia, I will come to you-for I will be going through Macedonia. Perhaps I will stay with you awhile, or even spend the winter, so that you can help me on my journey, wherever I go. I do not want to see you now and make only a passing visit: I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits. I love all my sisters whose blogs bless me and thank you for your love to me. My thought to share with you for today: The more you read the book, Bible, the more you love the author, Father!!!! Love Nana C

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed! Thanks for the post Nana!

Tanya said...

Yes, Paul is a very intriquite man. I love reading his writtings, I also like Peter. But Paul has such a heart for God. It amazes me that a man who was out to destroy the christians, ended up becoming the most outspoken advicate for christianity. Thank for you insight. Tanya

Susan said...

Well I wish I was in sunny Ca. with all of you guys.

Heather said...

Love the post, Nana. Especially your last line. How true it is!

And Susan fibs!!! She would much rather be in Iowa with it's sub-zero temperatures than in Sunny California! ;) Love ya Susan!!