A few of you out there are retired, (not tired) like me! I do know how everything got done when I was working, a schedule!!! So, this being the second year of retirement, I am actually not on a schedule, but just enjoying the days. I cook, clean, laundry, pay bills, stop in the middle of the day to finish the newspaper, go to the blog sites of my friends and sometimes take a nap.
Hubby and I drive to Iowa and love to plan the trip, we also are close to Oceanside to see our older daughter and family. We have most of our year planned as to where we will be, but can change if need be. We shop for the grandkids birthdays, send letters and pictures to color. Help the older kids look for costumes when they are in school plays, help with music lessons (we are so blessed to be able to do that. We just enjoy our life. Yes, I have blogged about this before, but you that are retired, I hope you planned well. I would tell young people to enjoy all you do, love your spouses, raise the children, and be happy.
Some of my friends seek happiness in their careers, in the things surrounding them in their homes, in all of the clubs, (Gary and I have 4 computer clubs!)
Loving the Lord is my best life, as I have saved telling you until the end of this post, because in my life, He sought me, wooed me, loved me. This is my testimony to you that for me I could have none of the above and still not be alone. But, I also know in my heart that God has provided me with many Christians in my family and circle of friends. He gives me opportunity to share the abundant life, as I have asked Him to reveal those opportunities to me, and as my Father, I pray to be humble, to not boast but to love. For the love is all important. I will share sometime with you some of those times when God nudged me and His love for me persevered and only with His grace I did not deny Him.. my heart was open and His love came through, within situations where before, I would have denied Him.
Nana C
2 comments:
Great post. I have been busy and have not had a chance to talk to you but I will pretty soon.
Love Susan
Knowing who we are in Christ is a wonderful feeling! Blessings to you and Gary!!!
Post a Comment