Wednesday, March 25, 2009
The To Do List
It is 7:15 p.m. here in California. I have a to do list that is normal when hubby and I are preparing to go to Iowa for a few months. Right now my body has left the planet and will soon head for the comfort of my bed. But to check in with you all and to share with you how God is expanding the prayer time we have together. He calls me and the time just comes, most of the time is when I am reading scripture,now in Exodus about chapter 11or12 today. A dear friend of our family lost a husband and the girls their Dad, the grandchildren their grandpa last Sunday. Gary and I were with them about an hour after his passing. He was a Christian, but had not been attending or had a church family. We have known them for about 35 years. I came home on Monday afternoon, knowing the family would be at the funeral home, making the arrangements and I just stood in my kitchen praying that Mom and the girls would honor their Dad and each other, then my prayer went to those we had prayed for last Thursday at Community Bible Study, and the sharing for prayer and praise last Sunday during Sunday School, and the prayer just expanded to the world, my world in America, those in persecution around the world. Go into the word and reread about the great commission, and ask God to show you how he wants you to use it to glorify Him. Something I learned in the Perspectives class on Monday evening was that God's work is linear, a line that is continuing since Jesus ascended to be with the Father, our responsibility to pray, give, pray, go, pray, witness, pray, see where your heart is, to love Him, to serve Him is to honor Him, and He is pleased with us, He holds us up to the task, this is an immense relationship we can live with. As you look in Matthew 28 16-20, think and study about discipleship. Have a great evening and day tomorrow. Love Nana C
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Prayer!!! I think that is so important and i think that is the one thing that is missing in missions. we all think we need to save the world, when we all need to also be on our knees for these lost souls.
Thank the Lord that you are in prayer mode. We all need it and we all need to be doing just that. Praying. God bless you and I am sorry to hear about your friend. It is hard to say good bye, but He is with the Lord. Can not wait to see both of you again. Love Tanya
Post a Comment