Monday, December 15, 2008

Thank you!

Good Morning, there is a delightful old poem, (older than me) to share:

Christmas is coming
The geese are getting fat
Please to put a penny
in the old man's hat
If you haven't got a penny
a half-a-pence will do
If you haven't got a half-a-pence
God Bless You.

So many hungry today, food banks straped, people with no work, the story of the woman shopping in a Home Depot, who was approached by a man asking what she would be buying today, she told him 3 ceiling fans. Well, the man said he had hungry kids and no cash for food, but did have a $500 gift card for Home Depot, could he buy her the fans and she give him the cash then. She was quite taken and at first thought it might be a scam, but she did think of her little girl, who was not hungry. So she went to the check-out and paid for the lights with his gift card, she dug in her purse, but only had 320. cash, he was quite happy with that. She went on her way. Later thinking, today may be the beginning of other stories being told, she was happy.
Just to tell you this story is during this Christmas season, as I am signing our annual Christmas letter, I include a note for each family or individual, prompted to tell them to thank God for "Jesus" birth! For we as Christians are not to be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, as it is the power of salvation and a new, abundant life is here and as we are given the opportunity through the Spirit prompting, we can withness with a heartfelt Merry Christmas to a Do you know baby Jesus, the Man?
I thank you Lord for all who read this post, strangers to family, to the dearest of friends. May you Lord be happy, as I strive to live the Word, thank you for baby Jesus, your son, the man of sorrows, who honored you by dying for my sins. I just want to thank you Lord, you have been so good to me, been so good, been so good, been so good to me, as the song goes. Amen
Fellow blogging buddies, boy do I need help with my blogsite! I love what my daughter has done to spruce it up, but I am not savy! Thank you for your help. Have a great day! Miss you all, no welling allowed -go figure that out!!!!! Love Nana C

3 comments:

Susan said...

Love the poem Mom. I remember every year at Christmas you were always singing this. I will have tot each it to my girls.

Nana C said...

Thank you Susan, remember you only need to put a little rythym in your voice, we call it a lilt, and enunciation. The girls will love it too. Mom

Tanya said...

I remember singing that song as a child. Your story touched my heart. It is stories like that that all of us should look at and not all these down news. God bless you and have a Merry Christmas and New Year. Love Tanya