Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Raking Leaves

Here in California, many areas have had a good freeze and the leaves are beginning to turn and fall. So today I was in the backyard raking and raking. (they are very small leaves.) Gary and I so enjoyed the fall and beginning of winter in Iowa. We have fun with our daughters, hubbies, and the grandchildren both in Iowa and here in California.
Doing those yearly chores, such as leaf raking, cleaning the garden, preparing for snow shoveling, just makes me again thank the Lord I am able to have good health that permits me to BEND OVER!!!!!! Hubby and I are back to eating the correct way, although we did ok. during Christmas, boy the cheesecake, fudge and those sugar cookies were good. Went to the store, to make sure we have the fruits and veggies, fiber bread, natural peanut butter, the great foods good for your heart too.
As I reflect over this past year of 2008, the memories are many, birth of a new grandson, death of a dear friend of ours, trips across this great country (well, to the heartland of the midwest!) Driving along the great Mississippi this fall and the bounty of corn, soybeans, so much to enjoy!!!! Being so very thankful that to me I am more than ok, with the "golden years"! This is a good life, hope you all are sane on December 31st!
I will be back tomorrow. Love Nana C

1 comment:

Susan said...

Glad your not 80 just your kids who think you are. Ha ve a great New years eve.