Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Palm Sunday Chapel Service/Oceanside

Gary and I had a lovely weekend. Drove to Oceanside on Sat. afternoon, had a bar-b-ue, a nice small bonfire with Lisa and family. Played games with the grandkids, Mad Gab and then a Monopoly game Sunday after I returned from church and we had gotten back from an early lunch. Wow the Monopoly game had credit cards and the properties were selling for 1.2 million...anyway

Sunday mornings when I have been at Camp Pendleton on the weekends, I get up and attend the 9:00 a.m. service. The chaplain has been there for the last 3 years and he has a new assignment, last sunday will be April 18. I so enjoy the service there. We (even though the amount of people attending is small) the Holy Spirit is there with us. We all received a Palm frond during closing prayer, we were asked to make one committment we could give to God and then when we felt led, we could go take a palm frond. Well, I am going to keep mine for awhile, I am going to try and have it lamenated this afternoon while I am out. I have cut it in half and made a cross. Be sure to take the time to read in Luke 19 about the triumphant ride that Jesus made into Jerusalem, the scripture is explicit from Jesus sending the disciples to go get the donkeys, as they were ready for them, to the wonderful ride with the palms waving, Jesus proclaiming He is the King of Kings. Then to this week we are in now with some of those same in the crowd will be mocking Him and shaking their fists at Him. Aw but His is obedient, as Jesus has God His Father with Him and He has conquered death, with His blood! Hallejuhah.....be joyful ..... love Him at the foot of the cross and rejoice with Him on Easter morning!!!!!! love nana C

No comments: