Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Joy

Talking with my friend Linda today, we came upon the thankfulness we have to know that all our joy is in Jesus.
Currently I am attending a Grief Share group once a week. I was able to be in the group for the first 3 lessons late March last year and then off to Iowa on a planned trip.
We took two trips to Iowa this past year, the second was during the winter and enjoyed December birthdays, Christmas and snow.
Hubby and I arrived home Feb. 28th, 2010 and God opened the door, those are the unexpected joys He gives us with an invitation to come back to a current grief share group which I attended last Wednesday evening, (week 6 of 13). I did not have a clue as to how it would open me up to sorrow I have. On Sunday during Sunday School praise and prayer requests, I had my meltdown. The tears flowed while sharing, but told all present they were tears of joy. I would share with you that God is helping me to understand the pain, all kinds which our daughter, husband and grandchildren are enduring with a second child taken by miscarriage.
God is the author and finisher of our faith. He just is so close....physically to have the contentment of the Holy Spirit as our comforter, Jesus in our hearts, to know and believe that as Christians we will all be together.... in the sweet by and by we will meet on that beautiful shore...... John 18:3 Jesus says. "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Joy is obtainable...keep the faith love nana c

1 comment:

Tanya Ross said...

Hi Nana, it is awesome that you are taken steps to heal. That is so important. I am so sorry that we did not get together while you were here. When you come back you, Susan, Heather, Wendi and I will go to coffee. God bless you and know I love ya. Love Tanya