Saturday, March 20, 2010

Addictions

Wow!, there are all kinds of addictions...... food, drink, drugs, shopping, credit cards, gossiping, but the best is yet to come addiction that we have no idea of what it is. We have family and friends who are active attendees of support groups to help them cope, to move on, to use as another addiction. Where is this post going?
After attending a function today for like-minded people, people with addictions, I walked away having met many nice people, people who I could listen to, people who listened to me. We all have something we could give up, probably more than one bad habit, (which sounds not as heavy as the word addiction).
The habit I am counting on is the relationship God is building with me. He is the dependable crutch, the everpresent. The crutch is becoming a strong love for the life I strive to live each day. To use His strength, to take that love to the new day as it dawns and live the very best in this imperfect world, not afraid. The only one we need is God our Father...He has invited us to meet Him, to let us love Him, to take Him and His love, to know our place in the Kingdom He has prepared for us.
nana C

No comments: