Friday, March 12, 2010

Just Because

OK.. titles to blogs are often times uncessary as sometimes you just want to write what is on your mind or in your heart or to just read it back to yourself, even if not one other person looks at the post. You can then know that blogging can mean something, maybe. Some people I know blog to keep a record of daily happenings or whenever they get the poke to blog. These blogs could be for their children to have a good idea of how we are feeling at a given time or event in our lives. Maybe the old fashioned diary approach, but then you probably would get too personal and step on toes, even your own. Like right now, I have a ton of paperwork to do, more stuff to throw out and I have been extremely sleepy for about an hour, can't nap as the roofer is working... so yeah here I am in a self entertainment mode.
I have been reading the Bible today and inf the book of Leviticus. Quite detailed as to how to respond to people who have had Leprosy and very curious about the whole house could have the disease, appearing on the walls? I will have to do research as to the cause or causes of the disease, but could it be mold? Probably not. Then into the book I am reading, given to me by a friend : He Loves Me! Author Wayne Jacobsen. Today chapter 5 is Welcome Home Phillips Brooks (1835-1893), Sermons states: The great danger facing all of us... is that some day we may wake up and find that we have been busy with husks and trappings of life and have really missed life itself. That is what one prays one's friends may be spared-satisfaction with a life that... has in it no tingle or thrill that comes from a friendship with the Father. I reread the quote several times before continuing with the chapter. This is a great book I would share with you. This book is a follow-up to The Shack written by William Young & Wayne Jacobsen. You can get through The Shack, it is deep, a fiction story, stay with it and then to the He Loves Me! book. I had no idea that the He Loves Me! book was written, we were visiting relatives in Iowa and hubby's cousin took me to church and sunday school and the clas was group the book, they gave me a copy and well....a good read.
Hope you all have a good weekend. later nana C

No comments: