Thursday, October 1, 2009

JOY

A very dear person challenged me to am I full of JOY. I decided to just sit here and let the words flow. Being happy can change from moment to moment - event to event. JOY is obtainable each day. JOY is not to be taken for granted although we often could get mixed up in our emotions with this and then we are back to happy! So therefore, in whom or what to gather our JOY from and to use it.
As a child of God, those of you who regularly visit my posts and comment are those who most of the time give me JOY. You know that with the Word of God, much pray, and of course the prayers of thanksgiving, in this time of year 62, I strive to be God's best. JOY, after typing this I will continue to ponder Am I full of JOY? I believe Jesus can give me JOY, can I proclaim it as a part of me? Earlier I stated JOY is obtainable each day, but JOY needs to be a constant!!!!!!
Thank you for the challenge......this post may continue.......
love nana C

3 comments:

Susan said...

Yes mom Joy does need to be a constant. It is something I try to ask myself in almost every situation. "Am I counting it ALL JOY!" I love how the spirit can fill us with something as special and profound as JOY. When you have it I do believe you we are a different person and our outlook on everything is HOPE, because we really do have the JOY of the LORD not of something that can fade away.

Tanya Ross said...

Joy can be obtained in all situation. God says, count it all joy, or find joy in divers temptations. I believe it is one of those things that is personal, but once you know it is there, it is easy to stay constant. And yes, we do need to examine ourselves daily to maintain it. Great post, I am enjoying it. Love Tanya

Anonymous said...

Joy is the life of Jesus, the faith of Jesus within us. To tap into it depends on how close we are to Him. Sometimes I don't feel tapped in at all, other time ~ well, I'm overJOYed. Right now just feeling blessed to have such a wise woman as a friend! Blessings to you and "Grampa Gary"!