Gary and I are home from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We had a very nice trip. We are well here and the 70 degree morning today was lovely, with a touch of Autumn coming.
This post will not be a "where have I been?" post. Just to say that I have done a lot of reading this summer, studying in the Bible, reflecting on each day as God, you plan the day for your glory. I do not like the word stress, and therefore I am not allowing it in my life. This is a task that can be accomplished, and it is working. The cause for your thoughts running wild, your day being unsuccessful and your What would Jesus do attitude can be turned around to have you look at the day as here I am this is where I want to be, where the Lord has loved and commanded me to obey, and in love, with His hand in mine, the days are yes, full and then sometimes not so full. Just figure it out.
Here are some gems from Proverbs 17
17:l Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife.
17:14 The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.
17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
17:24 Wisdom is before him that hath understanding; but the eyes of a fool are in the ends of the earth.
17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
and all God's people say AMEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment