Thursday, September 17, 2009

Grandchildren blessings

This day Gary and I called Maclae, she is 11 today and we so enjoy singing to our grandchildren early on their birthday. Then over the second cup of coffee, we talked about 5 years ago when their family moved to Iowa, she was only 6 years old. We have been priviledged to have taken many trips to visit them. We are looking forward to Christmas there this year.
Marveling at the memories that continue to grow. The grandsons in Oceanside, talking with them, looking forward to seeing Blane's senior pictures, and then Dusty being a freshman in high school next year.
Being a grandparent has been the highlight of my golden years. We are glad to be in good health and as I sit here posting, I am about ready for another good night sleep and tomorrow is our day to walk early in the day. We have really enjoyed the walking, it is nice to be together that way.
God is good, He is so true.
John 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he wil give you another Counselor to be with you forever- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him for he lives with you will be in you . on that day you will realize that I am in my Father , and you are in me, and I am in you.
love nana C

2 comments:

Susan said...

Mom we have only been here for 4 years. You must be getting a little scatterbrained in your retirement days.
Love, Susan

Tanya Ross said...

I can not imagine my life without my kids. There are moments, but those moments help us to grow closure. I loved your post.