Saturday, April 4, 2009

Make today the day to remember

Rainy and cold in Iowa. Sunny and 70's here in California. Prepare for tomorrow, plan your dinner, your afternoon nap, time with the Sunday paper. All of this stuff does not include the steady state of worship with our God.
Tomorrow is Palm Sunday, a day to remember, "Shout to the Lord", sing, pray, and read the Word. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14.
The most amazing part of a day is when the world seems to be closing in around us, a sitution is becoming overwhelming. Last Sunday after turning my phone on before leaving the church parking lot, the message was to call my sister. Then the news brought tears to my eyes and the words I uttered were "oh my". I looked around the parking lot, seeking someone I knew to pray with, and then wow!, I prayed, God was there with me, of course He is. How much grief we cause ourselves by not and I know you have heard others say, going to the throne first! Thankful hearts , yes taking care of our hearts, to be tender, to hear and feel the gentle tugging of the Holy Spirit, sometimes we are pushed, but that is ok. too.
Climb every mountain, until you find your dream, this is not a dream we daily walk in, it is obedience to our Father and the walk each day is "the day to remember."
Have a glorious Palm Sunday
Love Nana C

No comments: