Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday afternoon Memorial Day 2011

Well, yesterday hubby and I sat watching a marathon of Hollywood war movies....I had seen them before, but there was a new one about GI Joe. I rememeber when my brother had a GI Joe figure to play war games with...hours spent....anyway the movies made me think of the awesome relationships that developed between the men in their units...with excitement of the cause and then death came....the tears..those letters finally sent or sometimes delivered to the loved one remaining....this brought me to thoughts of our ongoing relationship with our Lord...how He so gently leads us, protects us, is so caring, His word is the most vivid, eye opening revelation of how, when and why we need to love Him....
Redeeming verses in John Chapter 3.... then in Matthew 10 promises of how deeply He loves us and know us! 10:30 and 31 " the very hairs on your head are all numbered...Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows". Hoping you all are having a wonderful day!
love nana C

No comments: